Thursday, June 24, 2010

AAN Day 4 - Kah-Nee-Ta to Prineville, OR

Daily Statistics:
Mileage: 59.6 Average Speed: 13.6 mph
Vertical: 3395 feet Depart: 7:40 AM Arrive: 1:10 PM
Calories: 4087

I am going to keep this pretty short and sweet today. As you can see by the picture below, it was a beautiful day on the road. A little warm for my liking, but I don't think it got above 80 while I was riding. You can see me posed with Mt Jefferson in the background. You will also note we are definitely in a high desert terrain. I tried to take it fairly easy, because tomorrow is a 117 mile day. I rode about half the day with Gary and Margot Weinstein from Connecticut. Gary got the trip for Margot for her 50th birthday. He will cut out here and there to tend to business, but will be with us most of the way. He is with an equity firm. They buy companies, try to make them better, and sell at a profit.
I thought it would be useful to show the activity at one of the SAG stops. You can see the support van, our sign in sheet on the table in the foreground, and the riders milling around getting food and water. We only had one today, due to the relatively easy route. There are 3 scheduled for tomorrow.

Look for the story on how tomorrow goes. We are loading at 5:20, with breakfast immediately after, and will then get on the road.

No comments: