Monday, June 28, 2010

AAN Day 8 - Ontario, OR to Boise, ID

Daily Statistics:
Mileage: 64.5 miles Average Speed: 14.3 mph
Vertical: 1875 feet Depart: 7:26 AM Arrive: 12:13 PM
Calories: 4135

I had not realized it when we came in yesterday, but only 0.6 miles into our ride today, we crossed into Idaho. We finally leave Oregon behind after a lovely week with a lot of great riding. You should see 8 more of these (7 states and 1 province) before I arrive at the coast. It was not real convenient to put someone in the photo, so I will save that for the next opportunity.
The ride was pretty much through rural backgrounds in farm country. We were slowly gaining a little elevation, but it was pretty smooth overall. They grow a nice variety of crops in this area. I show a corn field that is certainly not going to be knee high by the fourth of July. I am sure it will be fine, however.
We eventually wound our way into downtown Boise, and by the state capital building (shown in a photo the sun made a little hazy). The traffic was pretty busy as I tried to turn into the hotel, so I had to go down to the corner to cross the street and come back to it. Boise looks like a nice town to have a day off in. We are losing 2 riders here, but are not adding any at this stop. The two leaving are doctors from Minnesota. I know Carl was just my age.
At any rate, the legs felt more than ready for a day off the bike. I was pretty pooped as I came into town, in spite of the easy ride. I should recover nicely tomorrow and be ready to head out again on schedule Wednesday. I promise some rider photos tomorrow.

No comments: