Saturday, September 6, 2008

Ride the West

I am in Astoria, Oregon, on the day before setting out on a 23 day ride down the west coast to Costa Mesa, CA. The good news is my bicycle arrived successfully by UPS yesterday, and went together smoothly this morning. I am checked in with Mike Munk (tour leader) and his wife Barbara, as well as Karen Bauer, the other ride lead. I understand we are starting out with 15 riders, so it should be relatively easy to get to know everyone. Mike says this is a pretty challenging ride, but very beautiful.
We have a terrific forecast for the early going, with highs generally low 70s and lows in the low 50s. My idea of ideal riding weather. I will try to post every day, with at least a photo of the day.

3 comments:

Andrew Perry said...

Go, Rick, go! You start out as we are finishing the East. Have a great tour and a great 'roomie'!
Andrew

Robert K Rodweller said...

Rick,

Way to go riding the West. Have a safe and fun filled ride. I will be watching and looking for ready about your adventures.

Regards,

Bob

Tom Hadinger said...

Watching you may cause me to retire early - You missed a 5 flat ride today in Tucson. Way to go Rick!